Almost every individual gets a sore throat at some point of time. It is common but that doesn’t make it any less unpleasant. A sore throat can seriously affect your ability to speak and sometimes it also gives us terrible pain throat. It is also known as tonsillitis or pharyngitis and causes pain, scratchiness or discomfort in the throat.
Do you know what are the main causes of a sore and heavy throat? Here is all you may need to know-
What Causes a Sore Throat?
- Bacterial infection is one of the major causes of sore throat.
- Smoking produces throat dryness which finally leads to sore throat
- Breathing through mouth can cause sore throat which is really very painful
- Grandular fever is a common reason of sore throat. It is a viral illness that can cause tonsillitis
- Viruses cause sore throat. A number of sore throats are due to an infection with a virus. Epstein bar virus is a famous one and it causes grandular fever which eventually gives you sore throat.
Signs of Sore Throat
- Swelling in throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- White patches in throat
- Blood in saliva or phlegm
- Headaches and mild fever
- Difficulty opening the mouth
- Vomiting may lead to sore throat
- Hoarseness lasting over two weeks
- Pain, discomfort and scratchiness in throat
How to Treat Sore Throat?
- Garlic keeps away bacteria and virus. Add raw garlic to your salad or chewing some raw cloves of garlic helps in easing the pain of sore throat.
- Cardamom is a famous tonsillitis cure. You can do gargles with cardamom infusions and get the relief from sore throat.
- Take chamomile tea once or twice in a day helps in relieving the signs of tonsillitis.
- Take some betel leaves. Grind them and apply them directly on your throat. It prevents sore throat.
- Drink lime water is beneficial in the problem of sore throat. Drink for one week will surely help you out.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water. Add a pinch of salt and gargle with this 3-4 times in day will rehydrate dry tissues and ease your tonsillitis pain.
- Turmeric has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Add few pinches of turmeric powder in milk. Consume it before going to sleep.
Sore throat is not a big issue to deal but it can be an irritating ailment to some extent. Try out these easy homemade remedies to relieve yourself from painful sore throat.