There are thirty two teeth in your jaw, but if even one feels pain, then you surely get a 32000 Watt shock. The excruciating pain in your teeth is enough to drive you crazy. Moreover, the most irritating part is that even when you breathe or eat the pain raises its ugly head. Hence, it only makes sense to search for a remedy that will keep you in your sane senses till the time you approach the doctor for some solution to this problem.
More than often, the reason for toothache is cavity. However there can be some other reasons also like mouth injury or abscess tooth. At this point of time even a delay of a couple of hours in the waiting room of the doctor may seem like a month long stretch.
You can take some measures so that this pain does not take a gigantic form. You can keep the following tips in mind and practice them accordingly;
- Try to gently remove the food particles from your tooth using a dental floss or a toothbrush. After this rinse your mouth with some warm saline water so that you feel relieved for some time. Rinsing with warm water can be done as many times in a day as you wish.
- When suffering from toothache or gum problems, try to avoid food stuff that is either too hot or too cold. This will save you from the stinging pain in your teeth. Also, try to stay away from sticky food.
- Pressing cotton balls dipped in clove oil directly on the teeth can help you in reducing pain in your mouth. However, take care that doing this does not aggravate your painful condition. If so happens, then immediately rinse your mouth with warm saline water.
- You can also use tea bag and keep it between your teeth or between the cheek and teeth. This will help you in reducing the pain in your mouth.
- Ice pack also helps you a lot during these times. Pressing an ice bag against the cheek or closest to the tooth that hurts the most can show significant reduction in your toothache.
- Some numbing medications can cut out the sensitivity of nerves and make you feel unaware about your pain.
- Some anti inflammatory medications can also reduce the twinge and hence prove beneficial.
- At last, if nothing works then you may go to the nearby chemist and get some pain killers for yourself. These will act slowly but will provide you with some relief.