Killing is definitely a deadly sin but that doesn’t hold true for the head lice, the parasite existing on human hair. Head lice could become an object of irritation for the person who suffers from infestation of lice. For some people this infestation could be seasonal as they die out in other seasons.
This piece of information could shock you. Did you know that lice can make your hair roots weaker and thus lead to hair loss? So nullify the existence of head lice as quickly and as effectively as possible and don’t let them conquer your head ever again.
Here are some home remedies:
- Onion juice is used to treat lice. Application of this extract on the scalp of your head and also roots of your hair with slow massage kills this parasite because of the pungent sulphur content in the juice. Wash your hair to remove dead lice. Repeat this treatment for three more days to get rid of the lice eggs as well.
- Grind raw custard apple along with the seeds. Store this powder in an air tight box. Application of this powder on your scalp before going to bed, tying your head tightly with a cloth ensures complete elimination of lice and nits (lice eggs).Wash your hair in the morning.
Another form of using custard apple is when it is ground with water to a shampoo consistency and then applied on scalp; leave it overnight and then wash your hair in the morning .This acts like a shampoo, removes dandruff and clears lice and nits from the head. Similarly
- Mixture of garlic clove and lemon juice. Pungent chemicals present in garlic kills lice effectively.
- Mix of coconut oil with camphor powder
- Give your lice a peanut butter treat. Creamy peanut butter is so thick in its texture that it’s good enough to suffocate lice.
- Vaseline, Listerine are also recommended to clear lice and nits from your head.
Vinegar is also used but it only kills nits and not the adult lice which is of no good to you.
- You also get a lot of medicated shampoos which specifically kill this parasite.
Don’t let the lice invade your head:
Lack of hygiene is primarily responsible for the invasion of lice on your head.
Get the basics right. Wash hair from the roots and not just the tips and wash hair every day. Washing hair when you return home after a long journey, crowded places as the lice could just enter your head from someone else’s.
Oiling your hair:
Apply oil on the scalp of your hair.
Say NO to:
Sharing combs, hair brushes, caps, hats, and other hair accessories as it may just increase the risk of head lice infestation.