Sun spots occur mainly due to excessive exposure to ultra- violet radiations originating from the sun. It is a known fact that “Melanin Pigment” of your skin is responsible for the absorption of sunlight. It also protects you from harmful Ultra violet rays. However, as you age your skins natural ability to deflect UV-radiations begins to reduce, thereby, causing sun spots. These are usually brown in color. Biological terms used for sun spots are Liver spots or solar lentigo. As age factor is responsible for their occurrence, so they are called age spots.
Face, forearms, shoulders, forehead and back of the hands are usually exposed to sunlight and therefore fall prey to sun spots. Artificial bleaching products should be avoided to prevent skin discoloration. The U.S. osteopathic university of Dermatology confirms the fact that a single daytime exposure to sunlight will untie months of bleaching age spots.
Sun spots are usually painless and harmless and vary in dimensions. This means that the range may be in centimeters or millimeters. Old men and women have “ceroid” pigment responsible for liver spots. These days skin doctors advise patients to undergo laser surgery to eliminate age spots. This is an expensive technique.
All natural bleaching creams should be preferred to remove sun spots in the initial stages. This is also recommended by dermatologists. What is the method to employ an all expected bleaching ointment? This question is important and answer would be:
- Apply the cream directly on the age spot. In this way there will be no wastage and expense would be less.
- With your finger tip pat it on your age spot.
- As it is natural, therefore, it is safe. You can rest yourself in this position for a while.
- Apply two times a day and within few weeks you will get positive results.
Some of the worth mentioning herbal solutions for removing sun spots are:
- Apply castor oil to your skin daily. It acts as a good cleansing agent.
- Chinese gotu kola herb should be mixed with a cup of herbal tea along with hot water. In few days you will get relief by applying this mixture.
- Certified aloe Vera gel should be applied to sun spots. This will easily fade them.
- Bilberry herb is used as an antioxidant. It is an antiseptic in nature.
- Sap made from dandelion stem should be applied to spots daily for better results.
- Lemon juice is acidic in nature and helpful. This is skin beneficial juice.