Everyone wants beautiful and bright eyes as they double your beauty and charm. But as aging occurs, you may experience numerous problems in your eyes like cataract, macular degeneration, vision problem etc. All these problems increase with age but you can prevent yourself from these issues only by following a healthy and nutritious diet which is full of vitamin A rich foods.
Here is a list of vitamin A rich foods which not only improve your vision but also maintain healthy eyes:
- Beans – There are numerous types of beans ranging from chicken peas to kidney beans. These are enriched with large amount of zinc which releases vitamin A in your body. Zinc helps in treating macular degeneration. It is present in poultry products and lentils.
- Broccoli – It keeps you away from cancer and heart diseases and also good for eyes. It contains powerful nutrients which reduces risk of macular degeneration and prevents loss of vision.
- Eggs – They are good sources of vitamins, zinc, cysteine and leutin which protect your eyes from various diseases.
- Wheat Germ – It is a rich source of vitamin E which reduces risk of macular degeneration and cataract. Sunflower and almond seeds are also geed for eyes vision.
- Carrots – These are wonder source of beta carotene which later on converts into vitamin A in body. It makes your eyes beautiful and also increases your vision. You can eat it in raw form or add it to your salads.
- Spinach – The green leafy vegetable is rich in iron and vitamins which are good for eye. It helps in increasing density of pigments which are associated with macula and thereby reduces risk of macular degeneration. It also enhances your immunity.
- Sweet Potatoes – You can eat them in any form either boiled or in raw. Both are equally beneficial for health and eyes because it contains large amount of beta carotenes.
- Sardines – These are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are not only good for your heart but also increase vision. Omega 3 fatty acids protect tiny blood vessels of eyes and thereby maintain overall health of body.
- Ostrich Meat – This is a god alternative of red meat as it is rich in zinc content. It reduces risk of macular degeneration and maintains health of retina of eyes.
Add these amazing foods to your diet plan and get healthy and wonderful eyes.